Tuesday, February 16, 2010

All Valentined out!!!

My SIL cussed me the other day for never updating my blog. She is right, I hardly ever post. I guess I just don't want to bore you all to death!
I made this the other day for a pot luck party.
Greek Easter Bread, apparently it can be dipped in chocolate. Next time I think I will try that! Plus, it needs some salt added to the recipe. If you check out the recipe, please note the teacup being used ad a measuring cup. lol!! One teacup is equal to 3/4 of a cup. It turned out pretty, but it was a little dry. Then my kids needed 120 valentines or school. I looked on-line for the easiest one I could find.This is what we came up with.
No, I don't have a Cricut, so we used this other really cool man made contraption called scissors. I know brilliant, huh.
I need to create on a regular basis or I get cranky, Who are we kidding, I am cranky all the time, I just get crankier.
I found these at a local thrift store and knew I needed some more valentines decor. It cost me a dollar for all three. I didn't know if i want to spray paint them and attach sticks and poke them up in a pot, or.......
Do this. I decided the other night to do this. What do you think?
I just cut up cloth I had around the house and tied it to the wires. I think I will put the pink one back up at Easter time too! The red one I can use in July! I am excited! (Please notice the cute block made by my friend Tausha! )


Plus on Valentines day I made Pink heart pancakes for breakfast and for dinner, Heart shaped individual meat loaves, with potatos and broccoli and chocolate cream cheese brownies for dessert. I think my kids enjoyed it!

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That tree is so cute! And the bread sounds delicious.

Screaming Meme said...

I love it! I love to hear of all the sweet things that people do for eachother on V day...:) Hi, My name is Meme from Screaming Meme...I'd love to invite you to my blog...It is about decorating and my life...:) Hope to see you there! Screaming Meme

Are You Serious! said...

♥ I love the fabric heart stands! Very cute!!!

mom said...

Yummy! I so want bread right now! I really like the way your wired hearts turned out... you are truly inspiring.

Oh yeah... and I need to learn to read... I read that you made potatoes with broccoli AND chocolate! Sounded really gross until I read the sentence again!

Jillene said...

The fabric hearts are really cute!! And I can't beleive you cut out 120 Valentines!! You are a good mommy!!

Bonnie B. said...

you are super woman. seriously.