I stole it from my cousin Amy.My cousin Tracy: The colored parts is what Tracy wrote. I wanted to add my own 2 cents, that is the black writing."Well lets see, a lot of things you already mentioned in your memories to me, but of course the infamous bat screeches into a tape recorder and playing them back and laughing our heads off for 350 MILES." Now let me explain, First of all I cannot remember how old we were, I am thinking 10-12 somewhere in there. Tracy brought a tape recorder, (she had all the cooliest stuff, like tape recorders, and Atari) and all the way from Roy to Panguitch we kept making these awful, worse than awful, screechy noises in the tape recorder. When our voices got tired we would play it back, and laugh our butts off. The even more amazing part, My grandma didn't even leave us somewhere on the side of the road outside Salina! I don't remember her saying anything to us at all. Gram, you deserve a medal, for many things but for that tip alone, at least something.
"The awesome and super seekrit trick when you jumped off the deck. Good times. I don't think I have laughed that hard since." Okay, I hate to share this because it makes me look as stupid as I really am. When I was about 13, we were all at my aunt's house down in Panguitch, outside on the balcony that was about 30 feet off the ground. Me, being the person who always needs attention, I told everyone I could jump off said balcony. They said, "No you can't" (That is all it takes to get me to do something hard, or stupid) so I hung from the railing and dropped to the ground below. Completely unscathed! Ta Daaaa!
Crap, now how was I going to get back in the house, without the adults knowing? (See this plan wasn't very well thought out.)

The plan that was finally decided on was for all the kids to go outside, and then I would just blend with the group, and we would all come back in. Good plan huh, we all thought so. So all the smart kids, who didn't jump off the balcony, trooped past all the adults who were visiting in the kitchen and out to the backyard. I joined them and we all moved like we had superglue on our arms, in a group back into the house. The adults took one look at us and knew we were up to something. The jig was up!
At the time we couldn't figure out how they knew. Now as adults we laugh at how stupid we were! We did get a good laugh about it now!
This is what I wrote in her memories..... The part I wrote innitially is the green, added insights are in black.
Tracy, there are so many, I could write a book. You were my bestest buddy! Prank phonecalls, Our favorite being, "Are you the ones with the pigs for sale?" in a really pathetic, german accent. Yes, that was all of the phonecall, then we would laugh and laugh! Our kids will never do it, because of caller ID. Donny Osmond and his purple socks, Climbing the tree in Gram's backyard. The other girls had to have the one in the fron until the boys got big enough, then we let them have it.
Tracy, there are so many, I could write a book. You were my bestest buddy! Prank phonecalls, Our favorite being, "Are you the ones with the pigs for sale?" in a really pathetic, german accent. Yes, that was all of the phonecall, then we would laugh and laugh! Our kids will never do it, because of caller ID. Donny Osmond and his purple socks, Climbing the tree in Gram's backyard. The other girls had to have the one in the fron until the boys got big enough, then we let them have it.
What has colored insides? David when he eats crayons! We made up that joke ourselves! clever girls huh! Laughing our butts off. We thought we were so funny, we were going to be comedians when we grew up. I remember the day we decided to eat everything Gram gave us whole. I remember creating things in the kitchen, by just throwing everything in the cupboards in a bowl and mixing it. Huge bowls of random ingredients. It is a wonder we didn't get in trouble. or blow up the kitchen. The memories are endless. Uno, monopoly..... We used to cheat, so she or I always won, when we played against our younger sisters. At some point her little sister Deni, would figure it out, and throw the game everywhere, that is why we did it just to see her get mad and make an a*# of herself. Have a great day. Know that there will always be a special place in my heart for you! No matter what happens. I love ya.
Tracy and I have had our moments, I tend to do stupid stuff at times! But I would still consider her to be one of my best friends, and one of the funniest people I know. This really is just the tip of the iceberg , as far as memories go. We are only 6 months apart in age and so spent lots of time together. We used to hope Sardine Canyon would close, because of snow in the winter, so I didn't have to go home. I remember washing Gram's nylons in the sink in her bathroom on Saturday as part of our chores. There was also one time we saw on a commercial that Vaseline made your hair and face soft, so we covered our hair and face in the stuff. We were probably 12. I just remember Gram laughing so hard when she saw us. I have no idea how we got it all off!

12 comments:
You are hilarious! Love the screeching.
Oh. I would pay good money to see you and Tracy covered in Vaseline! Can we re-create that, PLEASE?!!! In the meantime, I'd better clean up the milk that I just slobbered all over the place as I was laughing! You guys were/ are NUTS!
You have always been the fun, loving Bonnie that I have had the chance to meet! Its GREAT!
What is it with kids and tape recorders? We used to tape our own "talk show" using my fisher price tape recorder. Oh those were the days!
Some of my best memories come from not the gals I went to school with, but my cousins as well! I guess it true.....friends come and go, but your family will always be there!
Your gram was the best. She sure loved you guys to put with all that! Lucky lady, to have such great memories of your family time.
Bonnie, those memories are hilarious! Reminds me of all the good times I had with my cousins. Your Grandma was sure a good sport!
awwww...that's awesome. thank you. and as far as how old we were with the tape recorder, i guarantee we were old enough to know better...
good times.
I think you should see if you could still jump off a balcony, just for the fun of it.
I know that I would break every bone in my body.
What a great story. You are a wicked story teller.
Thank you for that top line. You've reminded me I need to call my grandma.
Those memories are awesome!! It sounds like you had a fantastic time with your cousin and Grandma.
And yes - she sounds like a saint! I can't believe she didn't toss you out of the car with the tape recorder... I would have ;)
I was always left out of the Cain raising. Gram was quite the woman. Too bad I was so young.
I agree--she was one amazing woman. Last week in Young Women's the teacher asked each girl to tell about a woman who had really influenced her life, and what she learned from them. I used your grandma. I could have told hundreds of things, but one that struct me the most when I first met her was that she didn't criticize people. In my early years in her family I never heard her say a bad thing about anyone. It's a trait I hope to develop some day!
Thanks for the walk down memory lane! You two were wild and crazy girls when you got together, and it's wonderful you have such good memories.
Post a Comment